By now, most Windows PC and Laptop users will have seen various ‘Upgrade to Windows…
Attention Small Business Owners – IT support in and around Pwllheli
Why you should sort out IT support before you need it!
Let’s be honest – You are probably running your company on a zero budget for IT – i.e. you are not anticipating having to spend anything on computers unless you have to.
If this is the case, sooner or later, you will need the services of an IT support provider but how do you know which one is right for your business?
Before you get in to trouble, here’s 7 things to consider when choosing the most suitable provider
- People. It is critical that the person you allow to resolve your computer issues understands your business and gets to know ‘how you tick’. There may be more than one way to solve a problem and knowing how the business works and what priorities you, as the owner have, can have a big influence on the best course of action.
- Cost effectiveness and Value. A local provider, with low overheads, is likely to be more competitive than a multi-branch high street store. Couple this with a dependence on the local market and you can be assured that their quality of service is directly proportional to their reputation so look for testimonials and reviews.
- Trust. Your business is in their hands. You need to believe that, in an emergency, they will have the resources and determination needed to get you up and running again, in the shortest possible time.
- Control. Its worth taking a moment to consider the level of control you will need to share – I.e. the master key / password to your admin controls A pre-authorised protocol with a trusted provider can avoid damaging repercussions should a member of staff need to have their access blocked.
- Data Protection and compliance. GDPR may have fallen off the current radar but its still there and lack of compliance can be very costly. Reputable providers work within the GDPR guidelines and won’t dismiss, or try to get around, these regulations.
- Response. Professional IT service providers offer targeted response times and Service Level Agreements. You may find you have to subscribe to an ongoing support service to qualify for their best response times however this may pay for itself many times over in reducing possible down-time.
- Communication. All businesses depend on good communication. A good provider will respond quickly to your enquiry. Their response will be specific and personal and ideally, they will speak your language without jargon or technobabble.
At PC-FIXED we aim to exceed these criteria for any small business within our catchment area on the Llyn peninsula. We are always happy to engage in a discovery meeting where we can get to know you and answer any questions you may have.
Why not contact us today to arrange a convenient no-obligation, appointment?
This Post Has 0 Comments